Healthy burgers?!

Hello there darlings and loved ones. Finally I have the time to write a Friday healthy yummy post and I got a food poisoning. But! After a...

Hello there darlings and loved ones.

Finally I have the time to write a Friday healthy yummy post and I got a food poisoning. But! After a long time of not posting, I decided I could bring out something more celebratory. Also today's post is a mix of two different recipes I found online, which I will of course give a link to. This way I don't have to think about food too much and can actually bring you an amazing recipe!

Random image of burger found on google ;)



Now if you do not like burgers just click away right this instant. And if you always thought that burgers have to be unhealthy then keep on reading. Also if you are trying some kind of weight loss diet, you might have to think about making this. But as always, we are making everything at home from scratch, so you can mix and match it, use wholegrain flour and so on.

Last thing I will say and then, we will go to the actual recipe. I have been playing with the thought of home made burger for ages now, and even more since I started my anti-inflammatory diet. We have always went to fast food for hamburger and it became our guilty pleasure, but I was always curious if they can be a normal part of your lifestyle without feeling guilty. Also the fast food ones are way too salty for me now, since my taste changed a bit and I started eating way less salt then I did before.

Now to the actual recipe. I separated it into two parts, making the buns and making the inside of the bun - meaning the meat and everything around the meat. Please do consider making your own bun, because it is always way more healthier and not too difficult at all. The original recipe can be found on this link.

You'll need (for 12 servings):
  • 2 tablespoon of active dry yeast (or half of the cube if you have non dry one)
  • 1 cup plus 2 table spoons of warm water
  • 1/3 cup of oil
  • 1/4 cup of sugar 
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 3 to 3 and 1/2 cups of flour (I needed about 4 cups in the end)
Remember your options here. You can use different flours - wholegrain or whites. With oil I am using olive oil. 
Directions are simple: mix the water with yeast, let it start working and living, and then form a dough from the ingredients. Work with the dough to make it really smooth and nice and elastic and then chop it into 12 pices right away, don't let it rise. Form 12 little doughs let that sit for 10 to 15 minutes and bake about 10 to 20 minutes until they are done.

Now for the inside part - you have your options here as well. You can do a classic meat one. You can use beef or if you like you can use chicken schnitzel, or if you'd like you can do a veggie burger - with egg-plant or other vegetable choice. We are making this for the whole family, so we decided for the beef option, full recipe can be found on this link .

You'll need:
  • 500 grams of beef
  • 1 onion
  • 1 tbsp mustard (dijon)
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • salt, black pepper and coriander or seasoning of your choice
Mix everything together, create equal sized patties and grill for 15 minutes or until cooked through.

With the serving you can change it up as you wish. Cheese is mandatory for me because I just love cheeseburgers. My husband also decided to add bacon. As a sauce, you can use mayonnaise or mustard or ketchup or any kind of sauce that you fancy. Consider making your own mayo, and maybe find some recipes for one made from avocado. So great and healthy as well! Yummy. We decided to add onions, tomatoes and salad as well. And we are so extremely excited about this one!

The buns are already in the oven, and once we will make the burgers tomorrow I will share them on instagram with you. Try this out it is actualy extremely easy to make and so great. And you can be sure that there is no added sugar, no chemicals, nothing you might - you should - not like to eat.

Don't think binary.
Whitelilit

P.S. Also cross fingers for me so that I can actually eat them. I'm talking to my stomach whole day that this is going to be a good idea so I hope it turns out well. I have eaten today - I piece of bread and 4 potatoes. And I feel kind of alright I guess. t's no fun to have food poisoning :(

You Might Also Like

0 komentárov