DIY diary / bookcase cover

Hello there darlings and loved ones. Today I have a small DIY project for you. I bought a perfect diary only thing is that I don't real...

Hello there darlings and loved ones.
Today I have a small DIY project for you. I bought a perfect diary only thing is that I don't really like the design of it. So I decided to change it up a bit and create a design of my choice. It is extremely easy and can be done as a book cover as well.




You'll need a paper, or fabric with a design of your choice, an elastic, glue, pencil, scicoors and a knife. Firstly, bend the upper piece of paper.



Second, bend the side of the paper and put the side of the book or diary to the "envelope" you created this way.



Mark the bottom of the book and cut off any excess. Leave a bit of extra to bend that as well.



This is what you should get in the end. This way, you'll get a great book cover and you can use it like this. Since I want to have this as a second cover, I decided to glue it on permanently and add an elastic.


I marked a place to make a hole and using a sharp knife and created a small hole just big enough to get the elastic through,



Then I got that elastic through the cover and the diary and once I was happy with the length of the elastic I cut it off and glued it on.




Then I glued the sides of the paper cover and lastly glued on a piece of elastic to hold the pencil and that was it.



Last thing what I did is to weight the diary down with books. And that was it. Extremely easy and now my diary is so great. Remember, if you try this one, make sure to share it on instagram and tag so I can see it. I used to make this as a book cover for my books not to get dirty :).

Don't think binary.
Whitelilit

You Might Also Like

0 komentárov