Blogvent Calendar 2014: Day 16

Hey there my darlings. It is only 8 days to Christmas! Are you prepping every piece of everything in your house already?

Hey there my darlings.
It is only 8 days to Christmas! Are you prepping every piece of everything in your house already?









I have been doing some shopping, because I will have kids over tomorrow, well they're here today already, and we will be cooking some delicious cookies.

This is very well protected recipe from my grandma, which took me years to get, so handle with care and don't tell anyone I gave this to you. But you know, Christmas is all about giving so here you go:

Ginger breads or honey cakes from my grandma :
  • 500 grams of fine flour
  • 250 grams of suger (I use only half amount)
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons of honey
  • 1 vanilla sugar
  • 1 package of cinnamon (that is around 20 grams)
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • shredded rose-apples
  • butter in about a size of big walnut 
Heat up the butter mixed with honey, mix all the ingredients together and create a supple dough. Put into the fridge overnight and you van make those honey cakes  the next days. Coat with egg yolk and bake for about 6-7 minutes. 

These are the honey cakes of my childhood, and I honestly love them, mostly because I used to make them with my grandma when I was over in the middle of summer we baked them and then I took them to the camp I went to. It as a three weeks camp in wild nature and it was supposed to be some kind of a kingdom. I remember one year, when we were leaving I was waiting for my parents and had so many more left over because we always made 3 or 4 times the amount as is said in the recipe. I decided to get give them to the king and queen and all the people that were the camp leaders. And as they were eating them they said 'Hey those are great! Where are your parents? We would like to thank them for such delicious cookies!' and I was like, 'They haven't arive yet'. And the look on their faces when they realised they've been eating three weeks or even more old cookies. But still,those were delicious!

Christmas Carol of the day:
Why not celebrate with a classic?


And since nobody misses Gilmore Girls any more, I'm stopping that silly idea. Only few days left, how are you preparing for Christmas? Still have so much work to do?

Whitelilit

You Might Also Like

0 komentárov