Something more about your plate

Have you started with your breakfast allready? Good! If you did, if not why don't you just try it out for a week, see how you will feel...

Have you started with your breakfast allready?
Good! If you did, if not why don't you just try it out for a week, see how you will feel.
When I went on my session with the health advisor (I don't really know the real world, but it was a lovely lady whose job is to explain to dumb people like me that you should really start eating more vegetables), the main topic was the composition of your plate.


So this is what she told me: If you divide your plate into four sections, one section should be proteins for example meat, fish, eggs, pulses or nuts. Second part should be polysaccharides like rice, quinoa or oat flakes. And the last two sections should be vegetables (or fruits if you're having sweet breakfast).

On the picture is my first lunch I made after that meeting. It's pangassius fish (and yes I know full of heavy metals and you shouldn't eat them but it was a start, plus I still love pangassius) with white rice (since I haven't had any other, now I combine it with quinoa), vegetables and a tomato sauce (made by resting onion and garlic, then I added about three to five tomatoes and a bit of water, left it alone for a couple of minutes while I made the fish and in the end I added basil, gave it a quick stirr over the pan and then got it off the fire).

That's an inspiration. As I said, I'm still working on this but now I discovered quinoa and what I do I put rice and about quarter the amount of rice I mix quinoa (so three quarters rice, one quinoa). Wash it out under hot water, watch out, quinoa has soap (in a bio version soap like stuff not real soap but can be used for washing in some way) on the surface so wash out at least three times under really hot water and then cook it the same way as you would cook rice. The mixture is amazing and it's good combination of the healthy quinoa and not so healthy white rice. I am still, as much as my husband used to the taste of rice and we are taking small steps in the bio healthy direction so I find this a great compromise.

Don't hink binary.
Whitelilit

You Might Also Like

0 komentárov